Easter Bread & Butter Pudding
Nothing says Easter more than hot cross buns and chocolate. We've combined the two to bring you a tasty Easter delight, our Easter Bread & Butter Pudding!
Prepare this for dessert to enjoy during Easter lunch with the family or if you've got left over hot cross buns & chocolate Easter eggs, this is the perfect recipe for you. And you won't need to go out to buy any additional ingredients than what you might already have in the pantry - Woohoo!
Easter Bread & Butter Pudding – Makes 6
4 x Hot Cross Buns
2 tbsp. Butter – softened
2 Bananas – large & ripe
½ cup Chocolate Buttons (or cut up left over chocolate Easter eggs!)
1 ½ cup Milk
1 cup Cream
1 tbsp. Brown Sugar
Ice-cream to Serve
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced). Line a 6-hole Texan muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Slice each bun vertically into 3 slices. Spread each slice with butter. Once done cut all of the pieces crossways to make triangles. You should have 6 triangles from each bun.
- Slice banana diagonally. Add one triangle piece of the hot cross bun into the bottom of each muffin case. Place a slice of banana on top of the hot cross bun then repeat. You should have 4 pieces of hot cross bun in each muffin case.
- Sprinkle the chocolate buttons between the muffin cases.
- Whisk egg, milk and cream together in a large jug. Pour egg mix evenly over the buns.
- Press the top piece of bun into the egg mix and allow to rest for 10 minutes to ensure buns soak up egg mixture.
- Top up each with remaining egg mixture. Sprinkle each with brown sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until puds are set and golden on top.
- Serve with icecream.