How to cut a pineappleThe thought of cutting a pineapple can be daunting with its prickly skin and spiky crown. Learn how to slice & dice a pineapple with our simple step-by-step guide with the help from our friends, Pure Gold Pineapple.
What you'LL need:
- Chef's knife
- Cutting board
Cutting pineapple into wedges
- Stand the pineapple upright on your chopping board and cut lengthwise into quarters
- Remove the core. A pineapple's core is quite hard and isn't as sweet compared to the rest of the fruit, so we usually don't want to consume it.
- Cut along the base of the quarters to remove the prickly skin
- Slice to form pineapple wedges then serve!
Cutting pineapple into SLICES
- Place the fruit upright on your chopping board and slice off the skin.
- Cut the pineapple into slices lengthwise to your desired size
- Remove the core if desired.